Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Great Night
Oh my gosh, last night was so damn funny! So as on all Mondays, it was wing night. But, the pats were also playing so I had really nice tables for most of the evening. Crazy busy at first, but later in the night everyone was pretty much settled in and I spend a great deal of time just keeping waters full. Anyway, so first great thing that happened: I had gratuity on a table and I do not think they knew because they asked me to put the bill on a credit card and handed me $25 for a tip. Well, $25 was more than the 18% grat, so I decided to take the grat off the bill (because when we run credit cards, the receipt will say "tip" instead of "grat" , so I didn't want them to realize that they had double tipped me). However, the dumb girl still wrote in $20 on the check! So, basically I got tipped $45 on $100 (not sure if it was intentional but if you could see the table, I think it was just a mistake) but, hey, I was happy. Next thing that left me in hysterics: a table in the dining room payed people that were sitting at the rail to order wings for them and pass them down! (costumers can't do the wing deal in the dining room). I could not stop laughing at the fact that a table basically did a business transaction with customers in the pub. Third event: a guy who was kicked out last week along with the rest of his friends came back in tonight. Last week, they would not stop giving shit to the manager and the servers because one of their friends wanted to sit in the pub but only had a birth certificate and a college I.D. as proof of age. Our manager finally kicked them all out and told them never to come back so they all proceeded to spit in their chicken and on the beer menus. So, last night, it was very lovely to watch the doorman tell him to leave. All and all, I had great tips from all of my football watchers and I did not have to close for once, so I finally got to drink with Carolina (our awesome busser) for an hour after work :) Great night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment