Friday, October 8, 2010
Arrogant Table
So the other night, I had such a rude table (which is not frequent). First off, most of them would not say please when they ordered their drinks, nor thank you when they were placed in front of them. I should mention that one of the guests at the table was a huge bearded guy, drinking a WHITE RUSSIAN! You can't even act like you are the shit with a belvedere milk drink in front of you! Anyway, I proceeded to ask them ever so sweetly if they wanted more drinks all night and made sure they were always all set. As I was getting busy, they asked for their check, looked at it for AGES trying to figure out who owed what (mind you these are business people, c'mon, one of you really can't just spot the bill?). This stupid broad starts looking frantic and she waves me over (mind you, I have walked by them a million times to see if they were ready to pay by this point), she says they are ready but in fact, they are not, so I walk away. Sorry ma'am, I am not waiting by your side while you calculate, I have tables to clean and other guests to tend to. She again desperately waves at me. She tells me what to do with the credit cards and cash and then proceeds to tell me she has a train to catch. I told her I would do my best. OH, what do you know?? they don't have enough cash! I think you can only imagine what followed, one girl claiming there was more cash in the book while train girl is freaking out! I swear, I am never serving them again. Not only were they disrespectful but if you have a train to catch, do not sit your butt down at one of the most packed bars on a Monday night . It's wing night. People wait hours for tables. I gave you your check, YOU took your sweet time, and then you want ME to drop everyone else and focus on getting YOU on your damn train? I don't think so. Also, I have never lost money. If stupid tables are going to start telling me there was more than what I counted, I am going to start counting right at tables before I go to the computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love rants. People are so impatient. This happens to me all the time at my work. If you are in such a rush, then why are you shopping for shoes right now?? I once had a woman on the phone get angry at me for putting her on hold. She expected me to look up in the computer to see which stores had several styles of shoes in her size. I have customers that are actually in the store that I need to help, lady! So impatient.
ReplyDelete