So last night, I did not have Lisa by my side because her sister was in town :( I also was not on for closing for the first time in a couple weeks, so I had four tables instead of seven. Of course I wanted more, but it is what it is, and I had more time to help other people, give my tables more attention and not be stressed. Plus I made over 20%! (I had really sweet tables last night). Of course LM spent the beginning of her shift flirting with the bus boy so, no, we did not set her tables for her. I mean hey, if your going to stand around and not collectively help put out plates and paper towels on top of failing to help set up the service station area, then I ain't going to feel sorry for you when your food goes out and you look stupid because you didn't even realize your table has nothing to eat with. Oh wait, that's not all. When she's cut, she proceeds to do bread and butter, the easiest side- work there is-no, it's OK love, I'll do soup and salad even though I may be here until last call, thank you for watching out for me though...
We ran out of wings by like nine though!! That made me ecstatic! Not many stupid people either, except for that one table that kept trying to argue with me that the birthdate WAS on her national student I.D. (when will they freakin understand that student I.D.'s are not acceptable forms of I.D. for gods sake?)
This one lady had a couple chocolate martini's which made me really want one....so I did have that to end my night which was perfect. And, suprisingly, I went home instead of staying out to drink which is so much better for me in so many ways. I got more sleep and I saved money-not that it matters because I think I am going to soul night with crazy ass Jesse later on, but still. I am trying my best to cut back on my food and alcohol expenses-$170 last week was a little ridiculous.
Next time I work is Thursday and I am hoping my regulars come in because apparently they were all de-doxing last week by the way the pub looked all night.
No comments:
Post a Comment