This week has been rough. I am really starting to feel the back-to-school combined with full time waitressing now. I have been making sure that I have been getting at least seven hours of sleep at night, but this job is so physically taxing that despite what I think is enough sleep, I am drained. A bunch of us want to start massage therapy. I think it will really help my back which starts to ache and knot up after a long shift. I have also been trying my best to wear my sneakers or Dansko clogs instead of my ballet flats...thank you, yes, I am proud of myself too for starting to care about how my feet feel and not how they look! On another note, business has been getting better. Summer is always unpredictable and you never know how busy you'll be, it's so random. But, the night shifts have been crazy, so that's always good.
I'm working with Lisa tonight in the pub!! I hope the band is a good one too because that always makes working more enjoyable. We will probably be done around 2:30 am and we are both scheduled for 11 am so I think I am just going to sleep over her house.
Last night was fun. However, it was very slow all night and then all of a sudden everyone wanted to sit so we were all there until well after 1 am. Any funny customers? eh, not really. Except, now that I think of it, this one lady was drinking a vodka soda and once she had finished more than half, ordered a glass of wine because she told me her drink was too watery. Um, yes, because the ice had melted now. People these days. It reminds me of the time this lady was eating nachos on the patio and when everyone at her table was done eating and I was taking plates away, she told me her nachos were soggy. I told her that she was probably right, considering there was chili on them and that after a while, it will make it quite soggy, but she didn't get it. I just went inside and giggled. After all, what would we all laugh about if we didn't have such customers?
No comments:
Post a Comment