So wing night draws in groups of customers that would never think twice to visit the bar on any other day. Which is fine. I get it. You can get a whole plate of wings for only a dollar. But, it drags in some of the stupidest people that are so annoying to deal with. One such example is a pair of boys; they stride in with sunglasses on and if they're lucky enough to land a sofa seat, will throw their legs up like it's their own damn living room. I had the blessing of serving them for the first time a couple weeks ago. First, apparently as a precaution to a past experience they had had, they called me back after I had taken their order to ask me to ensure that their wings were hot. What do they think? I am going to stand back there in the kitchen and monitor the making of their wings? I conveyed this to them in a bit nicer manner, but not much. Then, they proceeded to give me shit for not giving them blue cheese on every plate of their wings. Upon explaining to them our policy about blue cheese not being served with flavors other than buffalo and that they could get extra for 50 cents, they had the audacity to ask to speak to a manager! Are you f'ing serious? You want to speak to a manager because you do not want to pay 50 cents, on top of the $1 wings and your $2 soda? I was so far from being in the mood to deal with such stupidity that I convinced Lisa, goddess if I do say so myself, to take them.
This past Monday, they waltzed in the bar with their posse, consisting of several underage boys whom Lisa told to leave. They were appalled that we would ask their friends for I.D.'s, seeing as they themselves had never been asked before. When Lisa told them that that was because they looked over 21, they asked her if that was discrimination. uuuggghhh.... After the manager, whom they requested to speak to, had confirmed the obvious-that no, their friends who were not 21 could not stay, they continued to accuse Lisa of racism. Enough said. I swear, wing night is making me intolerant and hateful.
I think that some people subconsciously (or sometimes consciously) get off on hassling waitresses and bartenders... servers I should say.
ReplyDeleteI work in a restaurant too, as a cook, and there are those customers who come in and just want to give the employees shit. The food is never good enough, the service is too slow, or they just like to bitch about the most trivial shit.
And your right, there are CHEAP assholes out there. There's a band that plays at my cafe every single sunday and they get free food. They absolutely never tip. And they complain all the time too. I just don't get people!