Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My back is making me crazy!

It is official: waitressing has definitely f'd up my back. In addition to dirtying so many sneakers and clothes, making my feet sore and permanently ugly, and perpetuating prejudices, my back feels like its been through hell and back. Like there is a pressing knot that is on fire that limits me from being comfortable even when leaning back on something. I called a chiropractor to see if my issue was pertinent enough to go beyond professional massages and, as always, enjoyed the loveliness of talking to someone who assumes I am just supposed to know everything. I told the girl I had never gone and what my steps were, and she spoke to me like I was stupid. She kept telling me to not only call my health insurance, but check out their website. I just wanted to tell her that at that moment I felt like crying from the pain and just wanted to know the fastest way to get in and get it fixed. Why the hell would I want to look at their stupid website? I went to the spa today and endured agony as the guy worked on the bad side of my back, but it feels better than yesterday, thank goodness. One word of advice: If you do anything that is physically taxing, take care of yourself. Soon. Do not let any job ruin your body. I'll tell you right now, all the men at work know that I refuse to move big heavy tables by myself anymore. At twenty-three years old, it's not worth further damaging a back that was once perfectly fine.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the back advice. I do not even think of carrying something heavy at work. I hate when people talk to me like I'm stupid. Just because they know more of what I am asking them does not mean I cannot understand them.

    Sorry about your back!!!

    ReplyDelete